Current Positions Available
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
We are seeking a full-time or part-time Licensed Therapist (LCSW, LMFT, or LPC) to work in a nurturing and supportive environment providing outpatient mental health counseling to individuals, couples and families in a comfortable community setting. Your caseload size will allow you to provide personalized, client-centered services and find work-life balance. You will find satisfaction in your work as you help clients address and resolve everyday issues like anxiety, depression, grief, trauma and family/relationship conflict.
At Anchorpoint, you will have the opportunity to focus on your own therapeutic interests/specializations and grow professionally through organization-sponsored trainings and supervision. You will be part of a family of professionals who value one another personally and professionally, collaborate frequently, and care deeply about their clients.
You will be a core part of Anchorpoint’s nonprofit mission to ensure ALL individuals and families can receive the help they need, regardless of faith, background, insurance or ability to pay.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct initial client intakes by assessing child and family risks, child and parent mental health, and family development with understanding of family functioning, strengths, and needs
- Schedule and conduct individual and family therapy sessions with clients and families (utilizing family systems theory and techniques) to understand and address concerns and to support necessary changes
- Help families identify strengths and coping mechanisms, and work with families to resolve family problems and prevent future issues/problems
- Support each client and family individually with a holistic focus on their unique emotional, social, cognitive, physical and spiritual needs and assets.
- Incorporate different therapeutic techniques where appropriate and needed
- Establish, implement and maintain clear treatment objectives through personalized treatment plans for each family in assigned caseload
- Maintain up-to-date client information, records, and clinical notes in electronic medical records system and administer surveys every six sessions to assess client progress
- Participate in counseling team meetings and provide/receive support and consultation as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree (minimum) in Social Work, Marriage/Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology or related field
- Completed licensure for LCSW, LMFT, or LPC and able to be credentialed with major insurance companies
- Experience strongly preferred in family-based therapy and/or family counseling
- Ability to work at least two weekday evenings OR one evening and Saturday morning
- Act 33/34 & FBI Clearances
- Valid Driver’s License and access to properly insured motor vehicle and a safe driving record
Please send resume to [email protected]
Anchorpoint Counseling Ministry is committed to training future therapists who have a desire to integrate the resources of religious faith into their counseling with clients. In 1985, we expanded our level of community services by welcoming interns from various colleges and universities pursuing Master’s level degrees in counseling and social work. Students are provided the opportunity to develop their counseling skills under the direct supervision of our diverse and talented staff. Interns are encouraged to utilize all the resources within our counseling center, as well as the local community, to gain experience and confidence in their counseling abilities. Interns also work directly with our educational staff to facilitate our groups.